Thursday 16 January 2014

Something Different; Something good.


Book Review: River of Bones
By Jodi Cleghorn

Super Natural thrillers (or horror stories) are not my thing. However, I’ve met Jodie a few times and some people I know highly recommended this book, so I decided to give it a go. I’m glad that I did.

This review is a bit long in coming; I read the book months ago. It’s one of a number of books I read, and want to review, last year. The good thing about ‘River of Bones’ is that the story is still very clear in my mind. That is, the story is memorable, in a good way. It is also thought provoking.

The story starts with a typical setup for a Super Natural/Horror story. Mysterious happenings in a small isolated town, followed by a group of young people stranded in said town. However, the story does not follow the typical path from there. The truth is that it took such interesting turns that it lost me once or twice. I found myself rereading some section before I understood what was going on. The good thing about the story is that I wanted to know. I never lost interest. I struggled to put it down and finished it in record time, for me.

It’s not a long story; great for something read on a quiet afternoon or while commuting.

If you are looking for something a little different, something good, River of Bones by Jodi Cleghorn is worth buying.



If you liked (or disliked) this post please leave a comment. You could also like my page on Facebook, or follow me on Twitter.



No comments:

Post a Comment