Monday 3 February 2014

Target April fool Week Four Report


#targetalprilfool #writing
Week four is the lowest number count so far. To be fair, I was sick in bed for two days with a virus.

Here is how the numbers broke down
Start of week four, 26/1/14, 29131 words
Finish of week four, 2/2/14, 32440 words
Total words for the week 3309


It has become clear to me that Lonely Susan is not going to come very near to 80000 words in length. At just over 30000 words I’m about two thirds of the way through the story. So, I guess it’s going to be about a 50000 word story. I know that there are sections in the early part of the story that are under written, which may add a few thousand more words, but it’s looking like a novella, rather than a novel. However, it might be a good length for an eBook?

I’m going to keep writing as much as I can each day and hopefully average around 500 words.
The end goal remains, that by week 13 (1st April) I have finished first draft of my first novel (or novella), Lonely Susan.

Can I do this? I don’t know, but I’m going to try really hard.

If you liked (or disliked) this post please leave a comment. You could also like my page on Facebook, or follow me on Twitter.


No comments:

Post a Comment