Sunday 23 March 2014

Some Stats on My Short Story Writing


In an attempt to put of finishing 'Lonely Susan' I've decided that I needed to update my submissions records for my short stories, including flash fiction.

 From this I waisted some more time coming up with a few stats. Here they are:

  • Eight stories written
  • Fifteen rejections
  • Most rejections for one story, six
  • Three stories published
  • one story paid
  • Two contest results, 7th place both times
  • Contests entered, six
  • Decisions currently pending on submissions, four
I'm not sure how I feel about these stats. There is one sense that I'm not doing to bad as a beginning writer, there is some success there. But I look at the numbers and think that in two or so years I should have done more. But maybe not.

I like the fact that I have four stories out there being considered. This is the most I've had at any one time as I usually struggle to submit more than one story at a time.

If anyone has any thoughts on these stats, please leave a comment, I would love to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment