Monday 19 May 2014

Monday Writing journal: Reboot.


Hi,
At the start of this year I determined to finish the first draft of my first novel. To do this I created a set of goals and a progress report system. Since successfully finishing that first draft I've done mostly nothing.

So, it's time for a reboot.

I'm going to take what I did with the novel and apply it to my writing in general. What this means is that I'm planning to do a weekly writing journal blog each Monday, and a daily tweet up date. I hope this works.

The main idea is to make me accountable to me through this process of reports. I'll make myself do something reportable to meet the obligation to making the reports. If others (anyone reading this) want to follow along, it's a bonus.

I was going to finish with some comment about if I fail, but I'm not going to because I'm not going to fail.

In the coming weeks my tweet reports will be outlining what writing I am planning to do. It will be #rickswriting.

If you liked (or disliked) this post please leave a comment. You could also like my page on Facebook, or follow me on Twitter.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with your report system. I hope it helps you achieve the goals you want.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lynda, I'm hoping.

    ReplyDelete